Below is a summary of the club bylaws extracted from the Full Bylaws document.
GPFBC Bylaw Summary
- Members must be residents.
- Must have written signed membership form.
- Must have initiation fee with form.
- Member chairman must ask for approval of new members from the board.
- Rejected applications will refund fee.
- Members can be voted out by a majority vote at any meeting call for that purpose.
- Members can defend themselves.
- The board may elect an honorary member.
- Honorary members pay no fees or dues, need not be a resident, but has no voting privileges.
- The board may vote to keep a member active that move out of the Farms.
- Non-res board determines the initiation fee.
- If membership dues are 60 late the board can vote if revoking membership if needed.
- Meetings can be held anywhere decided by the board.
- A November general meeting of officer elections must be held.
- A Minimum of 4 general meetings must be held.
- The majority of board members may call a special meeting.
- The Commodore and two other agreeing board members may call a special meeting.
- Only special meeting subject(s) shall be discussed.
- Meeting notices must be mailed 5 days before meeting.
- All board members must be notified of board meetings.
- 25 members must be present at general membership meetings to take a vote.
- Majority votes pass at general membership meetings.
- At board meetings, if at least half of the board members are present, they can pass a vote.
General Meeting Agenda
- General Meetings must go as follows:
- Call to order
- Read last meeting minutes.
- Commodore’s report.
- Secretary report.
- Treasurer report.
- Committee report.
- Other business.
- Election of officers (when applicable)
The 5 Directors (Bridge)
- The board must have 5 elected Directors
- Past Commodore
- Vice Commodore
- Rear Commodore
- All Directors must be elected at the annual general meeting.
- The immediate past commodore can resign from the board if they think the current Commodore is qualified.
- The Commodore runs the meetings and make sure thing happen.
- The Vice Commodore helps the Commodore and takes his place if not there.
- The rear Commodore shall help the vice commodore and commodore and take their place if not there.
- Secretary takes notes and keeps records of meetings.
- Secretary notes what board members attend meetings.
- Secretary notifies members of meetings.
- Treasurer keeps all financial records.
- Treasurer receives all money.
- Treasurer pays all bills approved by the board.
- Treasure keeps records of all payments.
- Treasurer reports finances at all General meetings.
- Treasurer submits written report of finances at annual meeting.
- The bridge and board can fill any vacancies by majority vote.
- The filled vacancy shall finish out the term.
- The Board can start or stop any committee or chairperson by majority vote.
- If any board member missing two meeting in a row will be fired unless they have a good excuse.
Electing a new Bridge and Board
- All board members shall be elected by ballot at the annual meeting.
- The Commodore shall elect judges for this election.
- 60 days prior to the annual meeting the commodore shall appoint a nomination committee of 5 members.
- 2 members max. can be board members.
- The committee shall choose a new board and bridge.
- The Committee shall present the new bridge and board to the present bridge and board and secretary.
- The Secretary shall post the nominees 30 days before the annual meeting.
- Nominees can also be made from the audience the day of the meeting.
- This nominee must agree to his name being nominated.
- If not present the nominee must give permission in writing.
- No member can serve more than three terms in the same office.
- A term is between 6 and 12 months.
- The new bridge and board term starts January 1st.
- Amended bylaws shall be approved by 2/3 of the people at the annual meeting.
- Amended bylaws shall be approved by a majority the people at a special meeting.
- The GPFBC is a non-profit organization.
- The board shall appoint a Resident Agent to file the MI annual Report – Non-Profit Corporation.
- If the Club is dissolved, all assets will be given to the city.
- The Articles of Incorporation can be changed by 2/3 vote at the annual meeting.
- The Articles of Incorporation can be changed by a majority at a special meeting.